The old adage of â€œMeasure twice, cut onceâ€?â€¦ is so true.
Well, I didnâ€™t measure most of the stuff Iâ€™ve been playing with lately, nothing bad has happened yet. I did have a mock up, so I cut by lining the mockup to the part.
What did happen is that I received two set screws from a local shop, and the package that it was taken out of said it was 6-32. Well, the set screws arenâ€™t #6-32. But I have a nicely machined, tapped, and completed motor coupling that is ready for two new #6-32 x 3/16â€? setscrews. Even Â¼â€? if need be.
- Spindle housing
- Stepper Motor coupling
- Motor mount spacers
- Locking ring for spindle
- bore it out
- drill out holes
- The mounting bracket now.
- Machine the edges
- Machine the spindle hole
- Drill out bolt holes for motor mount.
- Machine the bolt holes to mount the bracket to the spindle head.
- #6-32 x 3/16â€? or Â¼â€? length.
- Mounting bolts â€“ measure what they are. I believe they are M8 x 1.25