Well, I’ve powered on the power supply for my mills electronics… I tripled checked everything the night before, and powered it on. Nothing blew up!
So, the new project priority order is now:
- Measure the backlash on the mill, all 3 axis
- Mill out the Rotary Axis Bracket for the lathe
- Limit switches for mill
- High precision/balanced Drill chuck, waiting on literature from Albrecht
- JT0 or JT1 to straight shank arbor, to use as spindle
- Small end mills (sub 1.0mm)
- Perhaps another Gecko G201 for the rotary axis. I may just use the mills power supply to do it instead. Much cheaper.
- Parallel bars
- ground 1-2-3 blocks
- New clamping T-bolt kit
- New Z-axis for mill
- Egg art machine
- Finish the electrical boxes for the power supply units.
As well as a confirmation of my work from before. The board I made for Damian works perfectly, as I suspected. Now I have to make either a new one for him, or another one for me. Fun.
The accuracy of the Z-axis is abysmal. Over 0.030″, the error is 0.002″ already. I will definitely either need to use EMC’s mapping feature (I actually have to look to see if that actually exists), or come up with the new Z-axis design quickly and effectively.
Luckily, the only things I need to actually mill out currently is going to be brackets, which are milled all the way through. No intricate workings right now. So thatâ€™s good.
Items of interested to make currently are:
- Poker Dealer, small and big blind markers.