- phpStorm 2021.3 RC
- PHP 8.1.0
- xdebug 3.1.1
I enjoy the fact that there’s was the ability to change xdebug.file_link_format parameter in php.ini to allow integration between xdebug messages, and your IDE.
However, recently, that seems to have broken/changed. The phpstorm:// protocol no longer works.
After much troubleshooting I have it working for projects that use a framework, such as Symfony.
You will now need to utilize the framework.yml ide field,
and enter it as follows:
- Comment out the xdebug.file_link_format, as that no longer works…
- edit: /config/packages/framework.yaml
framework: ide: 'jetbrains://php-storm/navigate/reference?project=%env(resolve:PROJECT_NAME)%&path=%%f:%%l'
3. edit: /.env ensure that this matches your project name… otherwise jetbrains won’t be able to find the correct session/window.
PROJECT_NAME="the name of the project"
4. clear cache, and now your links should work.
5. restart apache/nginx if required.
Your Symfony project will allow you to click on filenames (when errors occur) and integrations back to phpStorm.